N Korea puts rocket`s second stage on launch pad
Tokyo: North Korea has completed the installation of the second stage of a carrier rocket and is assembling its third and last stage, South Korean media reported.
According to KBS TV, North Korea is likely to start fuelling the rocket after installing the third stage.
Pyongyang has announced plans to launch the rocket between Dec 10 and 22.
The launch will be North Korea`s second attempt this year. A previous launch in April failed when the rocket crashed into the Yellow Sea minutes after lift-off.
North Korea maintains it wants to put satellites into orbit for peaceful purposes, while the international community suspects the launches could be a cover for development of an intercontinental ballistic missile.
North Korea has previously tested nuclear weapons underground.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan