N Korea puts rocket`s second stage on launch pad
Tokyo: North Korea has completed the installation of the second stage of a carrier rocket and is assembling its third and last stage, South Korean media reported.
According to KBS TV, North Korea is likely to start fuelling the rocket after installing the third stage.
Pyongyang has announced plans to launch the rocket between Dec 10 and 22.
The launch will be North Korea`s second attempt this year. A previous launch in April failed when the rocket crashed into the Yellow Sea minutes after lift-off.
North Korea maintains it wants to put satellites into orbit for peaceful purposes, while the international community suspects the launches could be a cover for development of an intercontinental ballistic missile.
North Korea has previously tested nuclear weapons underground.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday