N Korea TV shows Mickey Mouse, Winnie the Pooh
Pyongyang: Mickey Mouse and Winnie the Pooh have taken the stage in North Korea during a concert for leader Kim Jong Un in an unusual performance featuring a cast of Disney characters.
Still photos aired on state TV yesterday show performers dressed as some of America`s most memorable cartoon characters dancing and prancing as video of "Snow White" and "Beauty and the Beast" played on a massive screen behind the stage.
The state-run Korean Central News Agency says Kim and other top officials saw the performance by the new Moranbong band Friday.
KCNA says Kim assembled the band a few months ago as part of a plan to "bring about a dramatic turn" in the arts under his new leadership.
Kim took power after father Kim Jong Il died in December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video