N Korea TV shows Mickey Mouse, Winnie the Pooh
Pyongyang: Mickey Mouse and Winnie the Pooh have taken the stage in North Korea during a concert for leader Kim Jong Un in an unusual performance featuring a cast of Disney characters.
Still photos aired on state TV yesterday show performers dressed as some of America`s most memorable cartoon characters dancing and prancing as video of "Snow White" and "Beauty and the Beast" played on a massive screen behind the stage.
The state-run Korean Central News Agency says Kim and other top officials saw the performance by the new Moranbong band Friday.
KCNA says Kim assembled the band a few months ago as part of a plan to "bring about a dramatic turn" in the arts under his new leadership.
Kim took power after father Kim Jong Il died in December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal