NATO chief warns regional spillover of Syria conflicts
Brussels: NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen said on Tuesday that the military alliance must remain vigilant on the possible spillover of Syria conflicts.
"We can all see that the situation in Syria is getting worse. And we cannot ignore the risks of a regional spillover, with possible implications for allied security," Rasmussen said on his arrival for NATO foreign ministers`` meeting.
NATO has deployed six Patriots systems in Turkey to protect the NATO country from potential missile attacks from neighboring Syria.
"We must continue to remain vigilant," the NATO chief said.
Besides Syria, NATO foreign ministers are expected to discuss the situation on Korean Peninsula, the war in Afghanistan, ties with Russia, etc.
Rasmussen said that the DPRK`s "provocative actions and threatening statements ... remain a serious challenge for regional and international stability and security."
On Afghanistan, NATO foreign ministers will discuss how to support Afghan forces after 2014 when the alliance are scheduled to end its combat mission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: INCREDIBLE! Not just AB de Villiers but wife Danielle too is multitalented
- Check rajresults.nic.in, rajeduboard.nic.in for Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12 (Arts) Examination Results 2016 to be declared after 3 pm on May 28
- Mass rape video shocks Brazil as teen girl drugged, gang-raped by over 30 men in Rio
- Japan shares G-7 push for inclusive growth with Asia, Africa
- Medical experts want Rio Olympics delayed or moved due to Zika