NATO`s top military commander in Turkey
Ankara: Turkey`s military says US Admiral James Stavridis, NATO`s top military commander, is holding talks in Ankara, which has been seen as holding up agreement on a NATO command structure for a no-fly zone over Libya.
Turkey has warned that the rules of engagement in Libya must be restricted to protecting civilians, enforcing the arms embargo and no-fly zone, and the provision of humanitarian aid. This would exclude any further air strikes against Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi`s ground forces.
Stavridis` visit to the Turkish general staff on Thursday also comes hours ahead of a vote in Parliament to approve participation of Navy vessels in a NATO mission to enforce an arms embargo on Libya. He also discussed operations in Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya with Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu late Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police