North Korea `detains US tourist`
Pyongyang: North Korea has put a US tourist in custody after having caught him trying to enter into the country, state media reported Friday.
American tourist Miller Matthew Todd, 24, was detained April 10 "for his rash behaviour in the course of going through formalities for entry into the DPRK (North Korea) to tour it", reported Xinhua citing North Korea`s official KCNA news agency.
Todd had a tourist visa for North Korea, but tore it into pieces and shouted that "he would seek asylum" and "he came to the DPRK after choosing it as a shelter", it said.
This was a gross violation of the legal order of North Korea, the report said, adding the case is being investigated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!