North Korea launches 3 short-range missiles: South Korea
Seoul: South Korea says North Korea has fired three short-range guided missiles into its eastern waters. Pyongyang routinely test-launches such missiles.
Defense Ministry spokesman Kim Min-seok says the North fired two missiles on Saturday morning and another in the afternoon.
He says the North`s intent was unclear.
In March, North Korea tested two short-range missiles off its east coast.
US officials say North Korea recently withdrew two mid-range missiles believed to be capable of reaching Guam after moving them to the east coast earlier this year.
The launches of short-range missiles come amid signs of diplomacy after weeks of warlike threats from North Korea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened