North Korea launches 3 short-range missiles: South Korea
Seoul: South Korea says North Korea has fired three short-range guided missiles into its eastern waters. Pyongyang routinely test-launches such missiles.
Defense Ministry spokesman Kim Min-seok says the North fired two missiles on Saturday morning and another in the afternoon.
He says the North`s intent was unclear.
In March, North Korea tested two short-range missiles off its east coast.
US officials say North Korea recently withdrew two mid-range missiles believed to be capable of reaching Guam after moving them to the east coast earlier this year.
The launches of short-range missiles come amid signs of diplomacy after weeks of warlike threats from North Korea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- PM Narendra Modi meets Chinese President Xi Jinping, seeks support for India's NSG bid
- Focus on defence, security as PM Modi meets Uzbek President
- President tells IIT, IISc-Bangalore and IISER scholars to make India great
- Accident blocks Delhi-Howrah rail route, two dozen trains diverted
- Israel says Abbas reviving old `blood libel` against Jews