North Korea launches 3 short-range missiles: South Korea
Seoul: South Korea says North Korea has fired three short-range guided missiles into its eastern waters. Pyongyang routinely test-launches such missiles.
Defense Ministry spokesman Kim Min-seok says the North fired two missiles on Saturday morning and another in the afternoon.
He says the North`s intent was unclear.
In March, North Korea tested two short-range missiles off its east coast.
US officials say North Korea recently withdrew two mid-range missiles believed to be capable of reaching Guam after moving them to the east coast earlier this year.
The launches of short-range missiles come amid signs of diplomacy after weeks of warlike threats from North Korea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Smoking inside home makes kids ill
- Turkey says prevented 85 security incidents since January
- Nagaland Board of School Education (HSLC) Class 10 Results 2016 to be declared today; check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in
- IPL 2016, Match 30: Yusuf Pathan's heroics power Kolkata Knight Riders to five-wicket win over Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Israel says Erez crossing into Gaza to reopen