North Korea to continue satellite launches
Tokyo: North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has said that his country will continue its space programme, including satellite launches.
The December 12 rocket launch "demonstrated North Korea`s resolute determination to benefit from its legitimate right for the further use of space for peaceful means; for scientific, technical and economic development of the country", Kim said.
"Satellite launches should continue for further development of the country`s science," the official North Korean KCNA news agency quoted Kim as saying.
North Korea`s Unha-3 carrier rocket delivered the second version of Kwangmyongsong-3 satellite into orbit on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents