North Korea to continue satellite launches
Tokyo: North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has said that his country will continue its space programme, including satellite launches.
The December 12 rocket launch "demonstrated North Korea`s resolute determination to benefit from its legitimate right for the further use of space for peaceful means; for scientific, technical and economic development of the country", Kim said.
"Satellite launches should continue for further development of the country`s science," the official North Korean KCNA news agency quoted Kim as saying.
North Korea`s Unha-3 carrier rocket delivered the second version of Kwangmyongsong-3 satellite into orbit on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured