North Korean missile test `at any time from now on`: S Korea
Seoul: North Korea is highly likely to launch mid-range missiles "at any time from now on", said South Korean Foreign Minister Yun Byung-se Wednesday.
"According to intelligence collected by our side and the US, possibility for North Korea`s missile launch is very high," Foreign Minister Yun Byung-se said at a parliamentary meeting for foreign affairs and unification. "The possibility can be realized at any time from now on."
The missiles were estimated to be a new type of `Musudan` missile, Yun said, noting that "the missile has a range of around 3,500 km. How far the missile will reach depends on North Korea", reported Xinhua.
On April 4, Defence Minister Kim Kwan-jin told lawmakers that North Korea moved intermediate-range missiles to its east coast.
The missiles, estimated to be `Musudan` that could reach the US military base in Guam, were believed to be mounted on mobile launchers known as the transporter-erector-launcher (TEL).
The missiles may be fired around April 15 when Pyongyang celebrates the birthday of Kim Il-sung, North Korea`s founder and the late grandfather of the current leader Kim Jung-un.
Yun warned that if the North Korea launches the missiles, the UN Security Council will be convened automatically as the UN resolutions have banned Pyongyang from conducting a ballistic missile test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues