Pope names Baltimore archbishop to new post
Vatican City: The pope has tapped Baltimore`s archbishop to take over leadership of the ancient Catholic order that works to protect the rights of Christians in the Holy Land.
The Vatican said Monday that Monsignor Edwin O`Brien will replace retiring US Cardinal John Foley as grand master of the Equestrian Order of the Holy Sepulchre of Jerusalem.
The job has previously carried with it the rank of cardinal, meaning 72-year-old O`Brien might get a red hat when the pope next appoints cardinals. A replacement for O`Brien in Baltimore wasn`t announced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees