Pope names Baltimore archbishop to new post
Vatican City: The pope has tapped Baltimore`s archbishop to take over leadership of the ancient Catholic order that works to protect the rights of Christians in the Holy Land.
The Vatican said Monday that Monsignor Edwin O`Brien will replace retiring US Cardinal John Foley as grand master of the Equestrian Order of the Holy Sepulchre of Jerusalem.
The job has previously carried with it the rank of cardinal, meaning 72-year-old O`Brien might get a red hat when the pope next appoints cardinals. A replacement for O`Brien in Baltimore wasn`t announced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kasol - Rejuvenate yourself with serenity, peace in the nature's lap
- Gurgaon waterlogging: This is how Twitterati reacted after traffic choked Gurugram
- Bridge collapses in Nepal due to flooding – watch dramatic video
- WATCH: MONSTROUS! When Brock Lesnar destroyed two opponents and a Cadillac
- Hillary Clinton's speech at Democratic presidential nomination - Watch video