Pope names Baltimore archbishop to new post
Vatican City: The pope has tapped Baltimore`s archbishop to take over leadership of the ancient Catholic order that works to protect the rights of Christians in the Holy Land.
The Vatican said Monday that Monsignor Edwin O`Brien will replace retiring US Cardinal John Foley as grand master of the Equestrian Order of the Holy Sepulchre of Jerusalem.
The job has previously carried with it the rank of cardinal, meaning 72-year-old O`Brien might get a red hat when the pope next appoints cardinals. A replacement for O`Brien in Baltimore wasn`t announced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city