President Obama pardons two turkeys on thanksgiving at the White House
Washington: Continuing the tradition of granting turkeys their freedom on thanksgiving, US President Barack Obama recently pardoned the lives of 2 turkeys, Popcorn and Caramel, at the White House.
Speaking at the official turkey pardoning ceremony, the president joked that generally speaking, thanksgiving is a bad day to be a turkey, so he salutes Caramel and Popcorn for their bravery, ABC News reported.
Obama praised Caramel for being a steady and deliberate bird that enjoys soybean meal and rocking out to Lady Gaga and revealed that Popcorn likes to eat corn, and struts around to Beyonce`s single `Halo`.
The tradition of sparing lives of turkeys on thanksgiving was started by President John F Kennedy in 1963.
Popcorn was also declared the winner of the title of National Thanksgiving Turkey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!