President Obama pardons two turkeys on thanksgiving at the White House
Washington: Continuing the tradition of granting turkeys their freedom on thanksgiving, US President Barack Obama recently pardoned the lives of 2 turkeys, Popcorn and Caramel, at the White House.
Speaking at the official turkey pardoning ceremony, the president joked that generally speaking, thanksgiving is a bad day to be a turkey, so he salutes Caramel and Popcorn for their bravery, ABC News reported.
Obama praised Caramel for being a steady and deliberate bird that enjoys soybean meal and rocking out to Lady Gaga and revealed that Popcorn likes to eat corn, and struts around to Beyonce`s single `Halo`.
The tradition of sparing lives of turkeys on thanksgiving was started by President John F Kennedy in 1963.
Popcorn was also declared the winner of the title of National Thanksgiving Turkey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog