Pressure on employment is growing: China
Beijing: China on Thursday acknowledged growing pressure on employment as the registered urban unemployment rate stood at 4.1 per cent despite creation of 3.42 million new jobs in the first quarter of this year.
Employment pressure is increasing as the number of job-seekers has continued to rise, especially among college graduates, Yin Chengji, spokesman for the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security said today.
The urban unemployment rate from January to March remained unchanged from 4.1 per cent in 2012, and it may contribute to realising this year`s target of keeping the unemployment rate at or below 4.6 per cent, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The employment of college graduates has been and will be a focus of government efforts in the coming years, Yin said.
China will see a record-high 6.99 million people graduate from college this year, up 2.8 per cent year-on-year.
The government will provide more internship programmes and vocational training for college students in their senior year and organise more job fairs targeting new graduates, Yin said.
It will also work out more preferential policies to encourage young people to start their own businesses, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know