Russian navy starts drills in Black Sea
Moscow: The Russian Black Sea Fleet has started its military drills, a media report said Saturday.
According to the Russian defence ministry, more than 20 warships, over 20 aircraft and helicopters, as well as marine corps and coastal missile units, were involved in the naval exercises which started Friday, Xinhua reported.
The Russian warships test-fired five cruise missiles which hit the targets precisely, the ministry said.
The drills were supervised by Black Sea Fleet Commander Alexander Vitko.
The Russian Black Sea Fleet has a base in the city of Sevastopol which, along with the Crimean Peninsula, became a part of Russia in mid-March.
The Ukrainian navy which shared the Sevastopol port with Russia vacated their barracks soon afterwards.
Kiev and the West do not recognise the Russian takeover of Crimea and Sevastopol.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Tusk says EU `determined to keep our unity as 27` after Brexit
- Brexit: London stock market plunges 8.0%
- Nadda reviews polio immunisation campaign in Telangana
- Infosys employee hacked to death at Chennai suburban railway station
- Now, 'drama company' AAP advised to start comedy show to entertain people