Strong earthquake hits eastern Indonesia
Jakarta: A strong offshore earthquake has
shaken parts of eastern Indonesia.
The Indonesian meteorological and geophysics agency
says no tsunami warning was issued after the quake Sunday, and
there were no immediate reports of damage or injuries.
The US Geological Survey says the quake measured
magnitude 6.0 and struck at a depth of 8.7 kilometres
northwest of Dobo, about 3,000 kilometres east of Jakarta.
A resident contacted on the nearby island of Ambon
said he did not feel the quake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- China says has stopped communication mechanism with Taiwan
- Sultry morning in city
- European leaders to discuss EU future after Brexit shock
- Robert Vadra calls Subramanian Swamy `attention seeking`, `deplorable and classist` over 'waiter' remark
- WhatsApp users now make over 100 million calls everyday!