Syria denies facing `Civil War`
Moscow: Syria is not witnessing a "civil war" but a struggle to uproot the "plague of terrorism, abduction and payment of ransoms, aggressions and explosions", the country`s foreign ministry said on Thursday.
The Syrian Foreign Ministry, in a statement in the wake of recent claims by UN officials about "civil war" like situation in the country, said "any talk about a civil war in Syria doesn`t reflect the reality".
"Syria is not witnessing a `civil war`, but a struggle to uproot the plague of terrorism and encounter the killing, abduction and payment of ransoms, aggressions and explosions," the state-run SANA news agency reported.
UN peacekeeping chief Herve Ladsous said Wednesday that Syria was now in a full-scale civil war.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'