Syria denies facing `Civil War`
Moscow: Syria is not witnessing a "civil war" but a struggle to uproot the "plague of terrorism, abduction and payment of ransoms, aggressions and explosions", the country`s foreign ministry said on Thursday.
The Syrian Foreign Ministry, in a statement in the wake of recent claims by UN officials about "civil war" like situation in the country, said "any talk about a civil war in Syria doesn`t reflect the reality".
"Syria is not witnessing a `civil war`, but a struggle to uproot the plague of terrorism and encounter the killing, abduction and payment of ransoms, aggressions and explosions," the state-run SANA news agency reported.
UN peacekeeping chief Herve Ladsous said Wednesday that Syria was now in a full-scale civil war.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional