Syria denies facing `Civil War`
Moscow: Syria is not witnessing a "civil war" but a struggle to uproot the "plague of terrorism, abduction and payment of ransoms, aggressions and explosions", the country`s foreign ministry said on Thursday.
The Syrian Foreign Ministry, in a statement in the wake of recent claims by UN officials about "civil war" like situation in the country, said "any talk about a civil war in Syria doesn`t reflect the reality".
"Syria is not witnessing a `civil war`, but a struggle to uproot the plague of terrorism and encounter the killing, abduction and payment of ransoms, aggressions and explosions," the state-run SANA news agency reported.
UN peacekeeping chief Herve Ladsous said Wednesday that Syria was now in a full-scale civil war.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters