Syria denies facing `Civil War`
Moscow: Syria is not witnessing a "civil war" but a struggle to uproot the "plague of terrorism, abduction and payment of ransoms, aggressions and explosions", the country`s foreign ministry said on Thursday.
The Syrian Foreign Ministry, in a statement in the wake of recent claims by UN officials about "civil war" like situation in the country, said "any talk about a civil war in Syria doesn`t reflect the reality".
"Syria is not witnessing a `civil war`, but a struggle to uproot the plague of terrorism and encounter the killing, abduction and payment of ransoms, aggressions and explosions," the state-run SANA news agency reported.
UN peacekeeping chief Herve Ladsous said Wednesday that Syria was now in a full-scale civil war.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter