Syria denies facing `Civil War`
Moscow: Syria is not witnessing a "civil war" but a struggle to uproot the "plague of terrorism, abduction and payment of ransoms, aggressions and explosions", the country`s foreign ministry said on Thursday.
The Syrian Foreign Ministry, in a statement in the wake of recent claims by UN officials about "civil war" like situation in the country, said "any talk about a civil war in Syria doesn`t reflect the reality".
"Syria is not witnessing a `civil war`, but a struggle to uproot the plague of terrorism and encounter the killing, abduction and payment of ransoms, aggressions and explosions," the state-run SANA news agency reported.
UN peacekeeping chief Herve Ladsous said Wednesday that Syria was now in a full-scale civil war.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?