Syria denies losing control of state TV branch
Damascus: The Syrian state TV on Saturday denied as "absolutely baseless" media reports circulated on Qatari and Saudi-run TVs that the rebels groups have taken control of the state-run media centre in northern Aleppo province.
The Saudi-funded al-Arabyia TV said the so-called Free Syrian Army rebels have taken control of the media centre in Aleppo.
Meanwhile, Syria`s state TV said the armed "mercenaries" have attacked the civilians and the surrounding of the state media centre, adding that the Syrian Army has responded back and prevented them.
The pro-government Sham FM radio also cited its reporters in Aleppo as denying the rebels` claim, adding that severe clashes are currently undergo in Aleppo.
The clashes in Aleppo have been raging on since last week after the armed insurgents declared the commencement of their operation to "liberate" Aleppo, Syria`s largest city and commercial hub.
The western and Arab backed armed rebels have been trying to make territorial gains in Aleppo due to its strategic location on the borders with Turkey, a fervent supporter of the anti-regime movement in Syria, in order to make a scenario akin to the Libyan one when the NATO-backed rebels had managed to use Benghazi as launching pad for their assaults.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read