Syria fires at another Turkish jet
Moscow: Having downed a Turkish military jet last week, Syrian forces have fired at another jet looking for the first plane`s wreckage, according to Al-Arabiya news channel .
The attack ceased after a warning from the Turkish side, and the second plane was not brought down, Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Bulent Arinc was cited as saying by The Telegraph.
Syrian authorities were yet to comment on the report as of late Monday.
An F-4 fighter jet of the Turkish Air Force was shot down by Syrian air defence last Friday, falling into the Mediterranean. Fate of both pilots remains unknown till date. Syrian authorities said the jet had invaded the country`s airspace while Turkish officials claimed it was attacked over international waters.
The attack sparked fears that Turkey could launch a retaliatory military operation in Syria, where at least 12,000 were killed in a civil war since March 2011, according to UN estimates.
NATO will hold a meeting Tuesday at Turkey`s request to discuss the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend