Syria fires at another Turkish jet
Moscow: Having downed a Turkish military jet last week, Syrian forces have fired at another jet looking for the first plane`s wreckage, according to Al-Arabiya news channel .
The attack ceased after a warning from the Turkish side, and the second plane was not brought down, Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Bulent Arinc was cited as saying by The Telegraph.
Syrian authorities were yet to comment on the report as of late Monday.
An F-4 fighter jet of the Turkish Air Force was shot down by Syrian air defence last Friday, falling into the Mediterranean. Fate of both pilots remains unknown till date. Syrian authorities said the jet had invaded the country`s airspace while Turkish officials claimed it was attacked over international waters.
The attack sparked fears that Turkey could launch a retaliatory military operation in Syria, where at least 12,000 were killed in a civil war since March 2011, according to UN estimates.
NATO will hold a meeting Tuesday at Turkey`s request to discuss the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city