Syrian troops regain control over restive Aleppo
Damascus: The Syrian troops purged on Friday a rebellious district of the northern city of Aleppo, the state-TV said.
Al-Sakhour district is now clean of "mercenaries and terrorists, " the state-TV said. The restive district has emerged as one of the main battlegrounds in Aleppo, Syria`s largest city and commercial hub.
Syria`s official media said the Aleppo district of Slaiman al- Halabi had also been cleansed from insurgents.
Also in Aleppo, the state-TV said armed groups fired a mortar shell at al-Midan district on Friday, killing three girls.
The battles in Aleppo, Syria`s largest city and commercial hub, have escalated dramatically since last week when the armed rebels announced the commencement of the "decisive battle" in a bid to win control over Aleppo.
Meanwhile, the Local Coordination Committees, groups of activists, reported clashes and shelling on Friday in a number of Syrian areas, including suburbs of the capital Damascus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read