Syrian troops regain control over restive Aleppo
Damascus: The Syrian troops purged on Friday a rebellious district of the northern city of Aleppo, the state-TV said.
Al-Sakhour district is now clean of "mercenaries and terrorists, " the state-TV said. The restive district has emerged as one of the main battlegrounds in Aleppo, Syria`s largest city and commercial hub.
Syria`s official media said the Aleppo district of Slaiman al- Halabi had also been cleansed from insurgents.
Also in Aleppo, the state-TV said armed groups fired a mortar shell at al-Midan district on Friday, killing three girls.
The battles in Aleppo, Syria`s largest city and commercial hub, have escalated dramatically since last week when the armed rebels announced the commencement of the "decisive battle" in a bid to win control over Aleppo.
Meanwhile, the Local Coordination Committees, groups of activists, reported clashes and shelling on Friday in a number of Syrian areas, including suburbs of the capital Damascus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?