UK man arrested for praising Norwegian mass killer
London: A 44-year-old British man has been arrested for inciting racial hatred after he praised Norwegian mass killer Anders Breivik on Facebook.
Philip Horn, father of three, allegedly said on the social networking site that he ``takes his hat off`` to the infamous gunman.
“Well done Anders Breivik. I take my hat off to you sir,” he reportedly wrote on the social networking site.
“You proved you were not insane and that you are just one of many like myself who wish their country to return to the way it was before it was invaded by the Muslim population. Respect to you,” he added.
According to the Daily Mail, the unemployed builder from Gillingham, was arrested by Kent Police on Thursday and is currently being held in custody.
He was also filmed by a national newspaper saying, that ‘if someone came to my door in a uniform and said they were going to bang me up for six months then fine. I’m not going to retract any remarks I made.’
Breivik has been accused of killing nearly 77 people during a shooting rampage in Oslo last year in July.
He was recently declared sane, and sentenced to 21 years in prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!