UK man arrested for praising Norwegian mass killer
London: A 44-year-old British man has been arrested for inciting racial hatred after he praised Norwegian mass killer Anders Breivik on Facebook.
Philip Horn, father of three, allegedly said on the social networking site that he ``takes his hat off`` to the infamous gunman.
“Well done Anders Breivik. I take my hat off to you sir,” he reportedly wrote on the social networking site.
“You proved you were not insane and that you are just one of many like myself who wish their country to return to the way it was before it was invaded by the Muslim population. Respect to you,” he added.
According to the Daily Mail, the unemployed builder from Gillingham, was arrested by Kent Police on Thursday and is currently being held in custody.
He was also filmed by a national newspaper saying, that ‘if someone came to my door in a uniform and said they were going to bang me up for six months then fine. I’m not going to retract any remarks I made.’
Breivik has been accused of killing nearly 77 people during a shooting rampage in Oslo last year in July.
He was recently declared sane, and sentenced to 21 years in prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites