UK man arrested for praising Norwegian mass killer
London: A 44-year-old British man has been arrested for inciting racial hatred after he praised Norwegian mass killer Anders Breivik on Facebook.
Philip Horn, father of three, allegedly said on the social networking site that he ``takes his hat off`` to the infamous gunman.
“Well done Anders Breivik. I take my hat off to you sir,” he reportedly wrote on the social networking site.
“You proved you were not insane and that you are just one of many like myself who wish their country to return to the way it was before it was invaded by the Muslim population. Respect to you,” he added.
According to the Daily Mail, the unemployed builder from Gillingham, was arrested by Kent Police on Thursday and is currently being held in custody.
He was also filmed by a national newspaper saying, that ‘if someone came to my door in a uniform and said they were going to bang me up for six months then fine. I’m not going to retract any remarks I made.’
Breivik has been accused of killing nearly 77 people during a shooting rampage in Oslo last year in July.
He was recently declared sane, and sentenced to 21 years in prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing