Venezuela: At least 13 killed in tanker truck fire
Caracas: A tanker truck filled with gasoline crashed and burst into flames on Thursday in Venezuela, engulfing several cars and a bus and killing at least 13 people.
The tanker truck tipped over and spilled gasoline, which ignited and burned seven vehicles, Caracas fire chief William Martinez said.
Rescue workers pulled victims` bodies from the blackened vehicles.
Martinez said the tanker truck driver apparently lost control on the highway in Caracas but the cause of the accident was unclear.
At least 16 people were injured in the accident, national police chief Luis Fernandez said.
The 30-year-old truck driver, Tulio Estenique, was unhurt and was arrested, prosecutors said in a statement. He is to be arraigned and is under investigation for his responsibility in causing the accident.
Prosecutors said that according to witnesses the truck was speeding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Bombay HC seeks CBI's response on Peter Mukerjea's bail plea
- THIS Bollywood director inspired Tusshar Kapoor to try surrogacy!
- Kerry, NATO chief press importance of alliance after Brexit vote
- 42 essential medicines to be cheaper by up to 15%: NPPA
- Three Indian naval ships visit Russia