Venezuela: At least 13 killed in tanker truck fire
Caracas: A tanker truck filled with gasoline crashed and burst into flames on Thursday in Venezuela, engulfing several cars and a bus and killing at least 13 people.
The tanker truck tipped over and spilled gasoline, which ignited and burned seven vehicles, Caracas fire chief William Martinez said.
Rescue workers pulled victims` bodies from the blackened vehicles.
Martinez said the tanker truck driver apparently lost control on the highway in Caracas but the cause of the accident was unclear.
At least 16 people were injured in the accident, national police chief Luis Fernandez said.
The 30-year-old truck driver, Tulio Estenique, was unhurt and was arrested, prosecutors said in a statement. He is to be arraigned and is under investigation for his responsibility in causing the accident.
Prosecutors said that according to witnesses the truck was speeding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Brendon McCullum's unbelievable fielding effort vs Delhi Daredevils in Match 31 of IPL 2016
- I love Karan Patel, but don't want him in my life: Kamya Punjabi
- Get LeEco Le 1s Eco at introductory price of Rs 9,999; flash sale on May 12
- Tamil Nadu Assembly Elections: Did DMK use Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' teaser to target AIADMK, Jayalalithaa over Chennai floods?
- Asthma attack without an inhaler: First aid tips – Watch!