Volcano erupts in Indonesia
Jakarta: A volcano erupted in Indonesia Wednesday.
Mount Lokon in eastern Indonesia erupted Wednesday, spewing ash up to 2,000 meters high, said a volcanologist.
The eruption took place at 7.57 a.m., said Kristianto, head of monitoring and search of volcano for eastern Indonesia.
Tourists and locals are not allowed to enter the territory of 2.5 km from the crater, he told Xinhua by phone.
Mount Lokon has shown increasing seismic activity since end of June 2011, according to Volcanology Agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!