Volcano erupts in Indonesia
Jakarta: A volcano erupted in Indonesia Wednesday.
Mount Lokon in eastern Indonesia erupted Wednesday, spewing ash up to 2,000 meters high, said a volcanologist.
The eruption took place at 7.57 a.m., said Kristianto, head of monitoring and search of volcano for eastern Indonesia.
Tourists and locals are not allowed to enter the territory of 2.5 km from the crater, he told Xinhua by phone.
Mount Lokon has shown increasing seismic activity since end of June 2011, according to Volcanology Agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog