White House providing drone memos: US senator
Washington: The chairwoman of the Senate Intelligence Committee says the White House is providing the panel with all of the top-secret Justice Department memos that justify the use of lethal drone strikes against terror suspects, including American citizens.
Democratic Senator Dianne Feinstein`s statement says the agreement with the White House to supply the information should pave the way for confirmation of John Brennan to be CIA director. The committee is meeting later today to vote on Brennan`s nomination.
Brennan has been held up as Democrats and Republicans on the intelligence panel have been pressing the Obama administration to provide them with the legal opinions. The senators have argued they cannot perform adequate oversight without reviewing the contents of the documents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur