White House providing drone memos: US senator
Washington: The chairwoman of the Senate Intelligence Committee says the White House is providing the panel with all of the top-secret Justice Department memos that justify the use of lethal drone strikes against terror suspects, including American citizens.
Democratic Senator Dianne Feinstein`s statement says the agreement with the White House to supply the information should pave the way for confirmation of John Brennan to be CIA director. The committee is meeting later today to vote on Brennan`s nomination.
Brennan has been held up as Democrats and Republicans on the intelligence panel have been pressing the Obama administration to provide them with the legal opinions. The senators have argued they cannot perform adequate oversight without reviewing the contents of the documents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie