White House providing drone memos: US senator
Washington: The chairwoman of the Senate Intelligence Committee says the White House is providing the panel with all of the top-secret Justice Department memos that justify the use of lethal drone strikes against terror suspects, including American citizens.
Democratic Senator Dianne Feinstein`s statement says the agreement with the White House to supply the information should pave the way for confirmation of John Brennan to be CIA director. The committee is meeting later today to vote on Brennan`s nomination.
Brennan has been held up as Democrats and Republicans on the intelligence panel have been pressing the Obama administration to provide them with the legal opinions. The senators have argued they cannot perform adequate oversight without reviewing the contents of the documents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan