White House says reports of halt to all Egypt military aid are false
Washington: The White House said on Tuesday that reports are false that the United States would halt all military assistance to Egypt - aid that has been under review since the country`s military ousted the government in July.
"The reports that we are halting all military assistance to Egypt are false," said Caitlin Hayden, spokeswoman for the White House National Security Council.
"We will announce the future of our assistance relationship with Egypt in the coming days, but as the president made clear at (the U.N. General Assembly), that assistance relationship will continue," Hayden said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months