Scientists find 10 new coral species in Hawaii
Pearl Harbor: Scientists returning from a 30-day research expedition to the Northwestern Hawaiian Islands found what they believe are 10 new species of coral.
Researchers returned to Oahu on Friday from the remote string of atolls that make up the largest conservation area in the country, the Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument.
They found the species during a series of dives from Nihoa Island in the south to Kure Atoll in the north.
More than half were found at deep water coral reefs more than 150 feet below the surface of the Pacific Ocean.
Scientists plan to analyze the specimens they gathered to verify they`re species that haven`t been identified before.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- India needs $1.5 trillion for infrastructure development: Arun Jaitley
- IIFA 2016: Why should girls have all the fun? Ranveer-Fawad-Karan shoot up dapper quotient
- Salman Khan flaunting his biceps in new 'Sultan' still will leave you flabbergasted! - View pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani': Priyanka Chopra congratulates Sanjay Leela Bhansali for 'Best Director' award at IIFA 2016!
- WATCH: HILARIOUS! Chris Gayle goes berserk as Portugal pip Croatia in Euro 2016