Scientists find 10 new coral species in Hawaii
Pearl Harbor: Scientists returning from a 30-day research expedition to the Northwestern Hawaiian Islands found what they believe are 10 new species of coral.
Researchers returned to Oahu on Friday from the remote string of atolls that make up the largest conservation area in the country, the Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument.
They found the species during a series of dives from Nihoa Island in the south to Kure Atoll in the north.
More than half were found at deep water coral reefs more than 150 feet below the surface of the Pacific Ocean.
Scientists plan to analyze the specimens they gathered to verify they`re species that haven`t been identified before.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog