Top 5 reasons that can trigger migraine
Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: When a migraine attacks, one has no choice. Migraine can be described as a chronic neurological disorder epitomised by moderate to severe headaches.
According to experts, women get more migraines than men. Further, there has been a debate amongst experts worldwide if stress can trigger migraine. The answer is yes, no and maybe, but as per studies, stress may be the biggest cause of a migraine attack.
A recent study suggests that migraine raises the risk of brain lesions, white matter abnormalities and alters brain volume compared to people without the disorder.
Here is a list of top 5 reasons that can trigger a migraine attack:
-Alcohol: It is a myth that consuming alcohol releases from stress and tension, rather researchers suggest that alcohol can change the way the body manages stress, leading to a migraine attack.
-Caffeine: Consuming caffeine in a little amount is okay, but, if used excessively, caffeine can be too stimulating and cause anxiety and sleep problems, ultimately triggering a migraine.
-Inadequate sleep: Most of us do not care about our sleeping schedule or do not get adequate sleep. It is actually bad for our health and can cause mild to severe headaches.
-Weather change: Studies suggest that extreme weathers like too hot, too cold or too humid can be a cause for headaches and migraine triggers.
-Loud noise: If one is exposed to loud or high-pitched noise for a long time, then it might cause severe headache.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened