Top 5 reasons that can trigger migraine
Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: When a migraine attacks, one has no choice. Migraine can be described as a chronic neurological disorder epitomised by moderate to severe headaches.
According to experts, women get more migraines than men. Further, there has been a debate amongst experts worldwide if stress can trigger migraine. The answer is yes, no and maybe, but as per studies, stress may be the biggest cause of a migraine attack.
A recent study suggests that migraine raises the risk of brain lesions, white matter abnormalities and alters brain volume compared to people without the disorder.
Here is a list of top 5 reasons that can trigger a migraine attack:
-Alcohol: It is a myth that consuming alcohol releases from stress and tension, rather researchers suggest that alcohol can change the way the body manages stress, leading to a migraine attack.
-Caffeine: Consuming caffeine in a little amount is okay, but, if used excessively, caffeine can be too stimulating and cause anxiety and sleep problems, ultimately triggering a migraine.
-Inadequate sleep: Most of us do not care about our sleeping schedule or do not get adequate sleep. It is actually bad for our health and can cause mild to severe headaches.
-Weather change: Studies suggest that extreme weathers like too hot, too cold or too humid can be a cause for headaches and migraine triggers.
-Loud noise: If one is exposed to loud or high-pitched noise for a long time, then it might cause severe headache.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP