Top 5 reasons that can trigger migraine
Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: When a migraine attacks, one has no choice. Migraine can be described as a chronic neurological disorder epitomised by moderate to severe headaches.
According to experts, women get more migraines than men. Further, there has been a debate amongst experts worldwide if stress can trigger migraine. The answer is yes, no and maybe, but as per studies, stress may be the biggest cause of a migraine attack.
A recent study suggests that migraine raises the risk of brain lesions, white matter abnormalities and alters brain volume compared to people without the disorder.
Here is a list of top 5 reasons that can trigger a migraine attack:
-Alcohol: It is a myth that consuming alcohol releases from stress and tension, rather researchers suggest that alcohol can change the way the body manages stress, leading to a migraine attack.
-Caffeine: Consuming caffeine in a little amount is okay, but, if used excessively, caffeine can be too stimulating and cause anxiety and sleep problems, ultimately triggering a migraine.
-Inadequate sleep: Most of us do not care about our sleeping schedule or do not get adequate sleep. It is actually bad for our health and can cause mild to severe headaches.
-Weather change: Studies suggest that extreme weathers like too hot, too cold or too humid can be a cause for headaches and migraine triggers.
-Loud noise: If one is exposed to loud or high-pitched noise for a long time, then it might cause severe headache.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- `IS child bomber` behind Turkey wedding blast, claims President
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon