App to help you check stress level
New York: What if your smartphone can test your stress level on the go? With this new app, this will become a reality soon.
Researchers are working on a smartphone app that will test your stress level easily and cost-effectively.
How will it work?
Users will collect their saliva with a small external device.
They will allow the saliva to travel onto an assay strip and then take a flash photo of the strip with their phones.
The app will then measure the amount of cortisol (stress hormone) in the saliva.
The users will be able to administer the analysis themselves with smartphone and a cheap, simple tube, reports Viral Global News.
"Individuals at risk for psychotic depression can use the software to monitor themselves and seek assistance early," lead developer Joel Ehrenkranz, director of diabetes and endocrinology at Intermountain Healthcare in Murray, US, was quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city