App to help you check stress level
New York: What if your smartphone can test your stress level on the go? With this new app, this will become a reality soon.
Researchers are working on a smartphone app that will test your stress level easily and cost-effectively.
How will it work?
Users will collect their saliva with a small external device.
They will allow the saliva to travel onto an assay strip and then take a flash photo of the strip with their phones.
The app will then measure the amount of cortisol (stress hormone) in the saliva.
The users will be able to administer the analysis themselves with smartphone and a cheap, simple tube, reports Viral Global News.
"Individuals at risk for psychotic depression can use the software to monitor themselves and seek assistance early," lead developer Joel Ehrenkranz, director of diabetes and endocrinology at Intermountain Healthcare in Murray, US, was quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement