App to help you check stress level
New York: What if your smartphone can test your stress level on the go? With this new app, this will become a reality soon.
Researchers are working on a smartphone app that will test your stress level easily and cost-effectively.
How will it work?
Users will collect their saliva with a small external device.
They will allow the saliva to travel onto an assay strip and then take a flash photo of the strip with their phones.
The app will then measure the amount of cortisol (stress hormone) in the saliva.
The users will be able to administer the analysis themselves with smartphone and a cheap, simple tube, reports Viral Global News.
"Individuals at risk for psychotic depression can use the software to monitor themselves and seek assistance early," lead developer Joel Ehrenkranz, director of diabetes and endocrinology at Intermountain Healthcare in Murray, US, was quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- WATCH: PRODIGY! This 11-year-old from Odisha slum will now train at Bayern Munich
- Turkey will give full support to operation to retake Syria's Jarablus from Islamic State: Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu
- WATCH: What is PV Sindhu's equation with Saina Nehwal? Her reply will surprise you
- Iraq executions carried out without proper trial, fuelled by vengeance: UN
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report