App to help you check stress level
New York: What if your smartphone can test your stress level on the go? With this new app, this will become a reality soon.
Researchers are working on a smartphone app that will test your stress level easily and cost-effectively.
How will it work?
Users will collect their saliva with a small external device.
They will allow the saliva to travel onto an assay strip and then take a flash photo of the strip with their phones.
The app will then measure the amount of cortisol (stress hormone) in the saliva.
The users will be able to administer the analysis themselves with smartphone and a cheap, simple tube, reports Viral Global News.
"Individuals at risk for psychotic depression can use the software to monitor themselves and seek assistance early," lead developer Joel Ehrenkranz, director of diabetes and endocrinology at Intermountain Healthcare in Murray, US, was quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days