App to help you check stress level
New York: What if your smartphone can test your stress level on the go? With this new app, this will become a reality soon.
Researchers are working on a smartphone app that will test your stress level easily and cost-effectively.
How will it work?
Users will collect their saliva with a small external device.
They will allow the saliva to travel onto an assay strip and then take a flash photo of the strip with their phones.
The app will then measure the amount of cortisol (stress hormone) in the saliva.
The users will be able to administer the analysis themselves with smartphone and a cheap, simple tube, reports Viral Global News.
"Individuals at risk for psychotic depression can use the software to monitor themselves and seek assistance early," lead developer Joel Ehrenkranz, director of diabetes and endocrinology at Intermountain Healthcare in Murray, US, was quoted as saying.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference