Winter special: 5 reasons to say yes to almonds
Ever wondered why your grandmother used to tell you to have almonds daily? The answer lies in the simple reason that almonds are one of the healthiest super food you can ever get. They are encumbered with essential nutrients, vitamins, minerals, fatty acids and dietary fibres which are necessary for a healthy mind and body. Almonds are usually eaten raw, but people also use them as an ingredient in making salads.
So, we bring to you six best health benefits of almonds:
Regulates cholesterol: Regular consumption of almonds help maintain the cholesterol level as they help raise high density lipoproteins (HDL) or ‘good’ cholesterol levels and lower the amount of low density lipo proteins (LDL) or ‘bad’ cholesterol levels.
Good for a healthy brain: If you want good memory, then consume at least four to five almonds daily as they help sharpen memory.
Skin care: Almond oil is used widely for skincare. The human skin tends to lose its essential oils due to the hectic city life and winter dryness. But a body massage done with almond oil works wonders for the skin by restoring its lost sheen.
Prevention of constipation: Almonds are a rich source of fibre. Thus, they help in preventing constipation and aid in proper bowel movement.
Protection against diabetes: Almonds control the unwanted rise in blood sugar and insulin levels after every meal we consume thereby serving as a protective wall against awful diseases.
Helps prevent Birth defects: Folic acid present in almonds play an important role in healthy growth of cells and tissues. Consuming almonds act as a strong defense system against birth defects. Therefore, these wonder nuts are very necessary for a healthy growth of the foetus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets