Xbox consoles and iPhones sparking rise in sleeping problems among kids
London: A new study has revealed that children are facing a rise in sleeping problems caused by playing video games and texting before bedtime.
The study from the Liverpool based hospital has found that children, who play video games or watch TV before bed time, suffer from sleeping issues, the daily Star reported.
Experts suggested that the problem can often be cured with a bath or children being read a story before bed.
Dr. Richard Appleton, consultant paediatric neurologist at the hospital, said there are sleep problems where families put their children to bed at appropriate times but they are playing the Playstation or Xbox and are hyped-up, or they've had a fizzy drink so they are caffeinated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of PM Modi-led government's promise of good days
- DNA: Analysis of PM Modi-led government's promise of good days- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of PM Modi-led government's promise of good days- Part III
- DNA: Analysis of why every third ATM in India is not working
- DNA: Analysis of why every third ATM in India is not working- Part II
- Sleep apnea gets worse in post-menopausal women
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results to be declared today on May 27 at 9 AM
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon