Xbox consoles and iPhones sparking rise in sleeping problems among kids
London: A new study has revealed that children are facing a rise in sleeping problems caused by playing video games and texting before bedtime.
The study from the Liverpool based hospital has found that children, who play video games or watch TV before bed time, suffer from sleeping issues, the daily Star reported.
Experts suggested that the problem can often be cured with a bath or children being read a story before bed.
Dr. Richard Appleton, consultant paediatric neurologist at the hospital, said there are sleep problems where families put their children to bed at appropriate times but they are playing the Playstation or Xbox and are hyped-up, or they've had a fizzy drink so they are caffeinated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation