Xbox consoles and iPhones sparking rise in sleeping problems among kids
London: A new study has revealed that children are facing a rise in sleeping problems caused by playing video games and texting before bedtime.
The study from the Liverpool based hospital has found that children, who play video games or watch TV before bed time, suffer from sleeping issues, the daily Star reported.
Experts suggested that the problem can often be cured with a bath or children being read a story before bed.
Dr. Richard Appleton, consultant paediatric neurologist at the hospital, said there are sleep problems where families put their children to bed at appropriate times but they are playing the Playstation or Xbox and are hyped-up, or they've had a fizzy drink so they are caffeinated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam