Xbox consoles and iPhones sparking rise in sleeping problems among kids
London: A new study has revealed that children are facing a rise in sleeping problems caused by playing video games and texting before bedtime.
The study from the Liverpool based hospital has found that children, who play video games or watch TV before bed time, suffer from sleeping issues, the daily Star reported.
Experts suggested that the problem can often be cured with a bath or children being read a story before bed.
Dr. Richard Appleton, consultant paediatric neurologist at the hospital, said there are sleep problems where families put their children to bed at appropriate times but they are playing the Playstation or Xbox and are hyped-up, or they've had a fizzy drink so they are caffeinated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'