Protein-rich breakfast helps curb appetite
Washington: A new study has revealed that eating high protein sausage and egg-based breakfast can help curb hunger throughout the morning, compared with a low-protein breakfast or skipping breakfast, in 18-55-year-old women.
"Eating a breakfast rich in protein significantly improves appetite control and may help women to avoid overeating later in the day," Kevin C. Maki , principal investigator of the study and a research scientist with Biofortis Clinical Research, a Merieux NutriSciences company, said.
All of the breakfast meals contained approximately 300 calories and similar quantities of fat and fiber. The protein-rich breakfast bowls contained 30 to 39 grams of protein.
Participants completed questionnaires to rate aspects of appetite - such as hunger, fullness, and desire to eat- before breakfast and at 30 minute intervals between breakfast and lunch. A standard lunch meal of tortellini and sauce was served and subjects were asked to eat until comfortably full.
Study participants had improved appetite ratings (lower hunger, more fullness, less desire to eat) throughout the morning after eating each protein-rich breakfast, and also ate fewer calories at lunch, compared with the low-protein breakfast and breakfast skipping (water only).
The study was presented at The Obesity Society's annual scientific meeting in Atlanta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- China, Russia fed up with US hegemony: Chinese daily
- BJP ally Shiv Sena accuses saffron party of spreading falsehood, rumours
- TCS to be levied above Rs 2 lakh only if payment in cash: CBDT
- Locals, tourists trying to make drug-peddling a business: Goa CM
- Watch: Panaji Mayor Surendra Furtado, 6 others fall in creek during a de-weeding drive