Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Healthy sleep habits or a sound sleeping pattern can make a big difference in your quality of life.
And to achieve that, it's essential to choose a mattress that helps you sleep well, according to your needs and daily work schedules.
Apart from choosing a mattress that is comfortable and supportive, one needs to stick to a regular bedtime and wakeup time, even on the weekends.
Below are a few tips by Ashok Sharma, CEO, SpringAir (India & Middle East), on how to choose the various types of mattress that suit different people:
- For the healthy busy youngsters who get basic required sleep: Pick a medium soft or firm mattress to take care of your daily sleep needs.
- Overworked youngsters prone to fatigue and lack of sleep: Pick a mattress that is tailored to deal with the body’s pressure points and helps in relieving aches and pains, help in reducing tossing and turning.
- The always ‘on’ sleepers (movers and sleepers): Pick a mattress with larger surface area for their movements and visco elastic memory foam which reduces pressure points between shoulders, neck and back. It cradles the head and neck in proper sleep position.
- Sleepy seniors with a medical condition and who get enough sleep: Pick a mattress which is firm enough for exact support to body contour for maximum comfort to your sleep.
- Insomniacs who do not get a good night’s sleep: Pick a mattress which is lightweight, but gives firm support with cosiness and bounce. This helps in eliminating fatigue.
So, follow the above rules to get a good night's sleep.
(With IANS inputs)