Monsoon hits Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Monsoon rains on Saturday lashed Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh, causing mercury to drop by between two to seven degrees.
Chandigarh was drenched by 118.5 mm rains, providing the much-needed respite to people from hot and humid conditions prevailing in the region for the past six weeks.
In Punjab, Ludhiana received 51 mm downpours, Madhopur 67 mm, Pathankot 52 mm and Phagwara 44 mm.
Ropar and Jalandhar were also lashed by heavy rains.
In Haryana, Panchkula registered 55 mm rainfall, Kalka 40 mm, Narnaul 36 mm, Ambala 64.2 mm and Rohtak 12.2 mm.
The rains brought smiles on the faces of farmers as it will boost and benefit paddy transplantation. It is also expected to ease the power situation as hot weather had fuelled high demand leading to heavy load shedding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery