Rajasthan govt announces Rs 155.50 cr grant to farmers for ponds, tanks
Jaipur: Rajasthan government today announced a grant of Rs 155.50 crore to farmers for construction of ponds and tanks for better water management.
Rajasthan Agriculture Minister Prabhu Lal Saini made several other announcements in the Legislative Assembly including allocation of Rs 2.14 crore for the promotion of organic farming in the state.
Replying to a query on grants for the Agriculture and Animal Husbandry Department, he said the government will allocate Rs 70 crore for contingency plan in view of the poor monsoon this season. Under the plan, mini-kits for the production of green cattlefeed will be distributed among the farmers, he said.
The minister further informed the House that the government has made a provision of Rs 19.5 crore for building green houses and shade-net houses in 5,65 lakh square km of area under National Horticulture
Mission and National Agriculture Development scheme.
He also announced a provision of Rs 11 crore to veterinary hospital for the conservation of cattle.
Several other announcements for agriculture, horticulture and animal husbandry were made by the minister.
Meanwhile, the Opposition boycotted the House for the entire day after accusing Speaker Kailash Meghwal of favouring the ruling party.
The opposition members walked out of the House during Zero Hour after they were denied by the Speaker to speak on an issue of alleged police atrocities in Alwar which was raised by the independent MLA Hanuman Beniwal.
They later turned the walk-out into a boycott. It is for the second time during the current budget session when the Opposition has boycotted the house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA