Rajasthan govt announces Rs 155.50 cr grant to farmers for ponds, tanks
Jaipur: Rajasthan government today announced a grant of Rs 155.50 crore to farmers for construction of ponds and tanks for better water management.
Rajasthan Agriculture Minister Prabhu Lal Saini made several other announcements in the Legislative Assembly including allocation of Rs 2.14 crore for the promotion of organic farming in the state.
Replying to a query on grants for the Agriculture and Animal Husbandry Department, he said the government will allocate Rs 70 crore for contingency plan in view of the poor monsoon this season. Under the plan, mini-kits for the production of green cattlefeed will be distributed among the farmers, he said.
The minister further informed the House that the government has made a provision of Rs 19.5 crore for building green houses and shade-net houses in 5,65 lakh square km of area under National Horticulture
Mission and National Agriculture Development scheme.
He also announced a provision of Rs 11 crore to veterinary hospital for the conservation of cattle.
Several other announcements for agriculture, horticulture and animal husbandry were made by the minister.
Meanwhile, the Opposition boycotted the House for the entire day after accusing Speaker Kailash Meghwal of favouring the ruling party.
The opposition members walked out of the House during Zero Hour after they were denied by the Speaker to speak on an issue of alleged police atrocities in Alwar which was raised by the independent MLA Hanuman Beniwal.
They later turned the walk-out into a boycott. It is for the second time during the current budget session when the Opposition has boycotted the house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price