Berlusconi sues mag over pics showing him embracing women at his villa
London: Former Italian PM Silvio Berlusconi is suing a gossip magazine for publishing compromising pictures of him embracing five young women at his villa in Sardinia.
The billionaire politician is now demanding 85,000-pound compensation from Oggi magazine for the collection of pictures at his luxurious home Villa Certosa, which he says unfairly described him as having ‘a harem’ of women around him, the Daily mail reported.
The pictures, which showed the then Prime Minister caressing multiple young women, were printed in the weekly magazine in April 2007, before the other sex scandals involving Berlusconi broke.
The editor at-the-time Pino Belleri could face up to 17 months in prison on charges of a breach of privacy. But defence lawyers told a Milan court on Friday that the editor had acted ‘in the public interest’ by printing the pictures.
She added that Berlusconi’s daughter Marina, president of his Mondadori publishing arm, had also been acting ‘in the public interest’ when Chi printed the intimate photographs of Kate and William on their private holiday at a chateau in Provence.
The verdict is expected on March 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH