North Korea `Photoshopped picture of hovercraft landing drill`
New York: Photoshop skills in North Korea have apparently escalated, but not enough to convince everyone.
The Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) released a photo of hovercrafts carrying marines to storm a beach.
Several news agencies published the image but later pulled it due to "excessive digital alteration ", reports the New York Daily News.
A North Korean photographer shot the image of North Korean Army landing and anti-landing drills along the nation`s east coast on Monday. But at least two, and possibly three, boats appear to have been copied and pasted to depict a more intimidating military presence.
The photo exhibits tell-tale signs of digital pasting, as Atlantic photo editor Alan Taylor points out "colour mismatch, a slight halo and soft edges".
The picture appeared amid other state-sanctioned footage of military exercises, rocket attacks and weapon inspections by the state`s supreme leader Kim Jong-un.
The Communist regime claims to be preparing for a potential war with South Korea that would break the armistice that has lasted for 60 years, since the Korean War`s end. To make matters worse, North Korean leadership infamously claimed that the armistice no longer applies earlier this month.
The North Korean capital of Pyongyang even cut off communication with the South claiming war could be imminent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion