North Korea `Photoshopped picture of hovercraft landing drill`
New York: Photoshop skills in North Korea have apparently escalated, but not enough to convince everyone.
The Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) released a photo of hovercrafts carrying marines to storm a beach.
Several news agencies published the image but later pulled it due to "excessive digital alteration ", reports the New York Daily News.
A North Korean photographer shot the image of North Korean Army landing and anti-landing drills along the nation`s east coast on Monday. But at least two, and possibly three, boats appear to have been copied and pasted to depict a more intimidating military presence.
The photo exhibits tell-tale signs of digital pasting, as Atlantic photo editor Alan Taylor points out "colour mismatch, a slight halo and soft edges".
The picture appeared amid other state-sanctioned footage of military exercises, rocket attacks and weapon inspections by the state`s supreme leader Kim Jong-un.
The Communist regime claims to be preparing for a potential war with South Korea that would break the armistice that has lasted for 60 years, since the Korean War`s end. To make matters worse, North Korean leadership infamously claimed that the armistice no longer applies earlier this month.
The North Korean capital of Pyongyang even cut off communication with the South claiming war could be imminent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray