Obama returns to Hawaii for vacation after fiscal cliff vote
Washington: With the fiscal cliff deal done, US President Obama Wednesday returned to Hawaii to resume his traditional end-of-the-year vacation with his family.
Obama boarded Air Force One about 30 minutes after White House remarks applauding the House of Representatives vote to avert a series of tax hikes and budget cuts known as the fiscal cliff, USA Today reported.
The plan approved today maintains tax cuts for individuals earning less than USD 400,000 per year and couples earning less than USD 450,000.
It will raise tax rates for those who make more, marking the first time in two decades the rates jump for the wealthiest Americans.
"Happy New Year everybody,"` Obama told reporters.
Obama and his family began their traditional end-of- the-year vacation on December 21. But the president returned to the White House on December 27 to tend to the fiscal cliff debate. His family stayed back in Hawaii.
Obama is scheduled to return to Washington over the weekend, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days