‘Outbreak of North Korean war hours away`
London: North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has ordered the country`s military forces to prepare to strike US as a UK tour operator was warned that the `outbreak of war probably only hours away`.
The order came after US Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said Washington would not be cowed by Pyongyang`s bellicose threats and stood ready to respond to "any eventuality".
According to North Korea`s state-run media, Kim Jong-un said that in the event of any "reckless" US provocation, Pyongyang forces should `mercilessly strike the US mainland military bases in the Pacific, including Hawaii and Guam, and those in South Korea.`
Kim said the time has come to settle accounts with the US imperialists, the Telegraph reports.
According to the paper, Dylan Harris, director of Lupine Travel, which specialises in holidays to unusual places like Iran, Chernobyl and Siberia, received an email on Friday morning.
It said US stealth bomber flights over the Democratic People`s Republic of Korea (DRPK) had made the situation `critical with the outbreak of war probably only hours away`.
It was not clear who the email was from, the paper added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre