‘Outbreak of North Korean war hours away`
London: North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has ordered the country`s military forces to prepare to strike US as a UK tour operator was warned that the `outbreak of war probably only hours away`.
The order came after US Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said Washington would not be cowed by Pyongyang`s bellicose threats and stood ready to respond to "any eventuality".
According to North Korea`s state-run media, Kim Jong-un said that in the event of any "reckless" US provocation, Pyongyang forces should `mercilessly strike the US mainland military bases in the Pacific, including Hawaii and Guam, and those in South Korea.`
Kim said the time has come to settle accounts with the US imperialists, the Telegraph reports.
According to the paper, Dylan Harris, director of Lupine Travel, which specialises in holidays to unusual places like Iran, Chernobyl and Siberia, received an email on Friday morning.
It said US stealth bomber flights over the Democratic People`s Republic of Korea (DRPK) had made the situation `critical with the outbreak of war probably only hours away`.
It was not clear who the email was from, the paper added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister