Rising India is ameliorating influence on China: US
Washington: The US has said a rising India is going to be an ameliorating influence on China as there will be areas of both collaboration and competition between the two Asian giants to work on.
"A rising India is in some ways going to be an ameliorating influence on China and China`s own growth and in China`s own behavior in the region," Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asia, Nisha Desai Biswal said.
There are going to be areas between India and China of economic collaboration and competition. We want to see an India that is able to thrive and rise and want to see all the economies of Asia to grow in a sustainable way that mitigates against the areas of conflict, she said.
"With respect to the India-China relationship that there will be areas where the United States and India will have great complementarity and collaboration. There will be areas where the US and China will be working together and there`ll be areas where India and China will be working together," she said.
As India looks east and the US pursues its strategic rebalance, there`s a real strategic convergence there as the two countries are looking to the challenges and opportunities in East Asia today, of which a rising China is certainly a major part, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for South and Southeast Asia Amy Searight said.
Noting that India has integrated itself into the ASEAN-led international regional architecture, Searight said, "we are beginning to cooperate much more with India on the kind of work that we do in the ASEAN-based organizations".
She said there were a lot of tensions in the maritime domain in the region right now and those are the areas where I there are concerns on India`s part.
"There are concerns on many of the ASEAN nations` part and those are the discussions we`re having in those frameworks and having separately with India," she added.
Vikram Singh, vice president National Security and International Policy Center for American Progress, said Prime Minister Narendra Modi has shown that he wants to have good relations with China.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Female birds call the shots to break-up
- My father cut me off when I was 18: Sonam Kapoor
- Explore new friends on 'Tinder Social' in India now
- Bhagwant Mann posts video of security pickets on way to Parliament; MPs attack AAP lawmaker
- Mario Goetze returns home: Germany's World Cup hero leaves Bayern Munich for Borussia Dortmund