Southwest China hit by 5.2 magnitude quake
Beijing: Three persons were injured and more
than 40,000 people affected by a 5.2-magnitude earthquake which hit southwest China`s Yunnan Province last evening, local authorities said Wednesday.
The tremor has affected 44,341 people from 10,474
households in the Baoshan City, among whom 441 were evacuated,
according to provincial civil affairs department.
Three persons were injured in the quake, one of whom was
in serious condition and receiving medical treatment in
The two others, with slight injuries, have already left hospital, official Xinhua news agency reported.
A total of 22,823 residential houses and some other
infrastructure facilities were damaged, while the total losses
are being counted.
The quake occurred around 7:50 PM (local time) at a depth
of 11 kilometres yesterday at the juncture area of Baoshan`s
Tengchong County and Longyang District, which is about 50 km
away from the city, according to the China Earthquake Networks
The epicentre was located at the township of Mangbang in
Tengchong, which was badly hit by another 5.2-magnitude
earthquake on June 20,a spokesman with the city`s publicity
A 480-strong rescue team is heading to the epicentre
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued