Southwest China hit by 5.2 magnitude quake
Beijing: Three persons were injured and more
than 40,000 people affected by a 5.2-magnitude earthquake which hit southwest China`s Yunnan Province last evening, local authorities said Wednesday.
The tremor has affected 44,341 people from 10,474
households in the Baoshan City, among whom 441 were evacuated,
according to provincial civil affairs department.
Three persons were injured in the quake, one of whom was
in serious condition and receiving medical treatment in
The two others, with slight injuries, have already left hospital, official Xinhua news agency reported.
A total of 22,823 residential houses and some other
infrastructure facilities were damaged, while the total losses
are being counted.
The quake occurred around 7:50 PM (local time) at a depth
of 11 kilometres yesterday at the juncture area of Baoshan`s
Tengchong County and Longyang District, which is about 50 km
away from the city, according to the China Earthquake Networks
The epicentre was located at the township of Mangbang in
Tengchong, which was badly hit by another 5.2-magnitude
earthquake on June 20,a spokesman with the city`s publicity
A 480-strong rescue team is heading to the epicentre
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case