Syrian rebels using Apple iPads to guide mortar fire
Washington: It has been revealed that the Syrian rebels use Apple`s iPad to guide mortar fire in the country`s brutal civil war.
It is speculated that the rebels make use of iPad apps such as iHandy Level Free to aim the mortars in the absence of sights.
A British-based weapons analyst, Eliot Higgins said that the rebels have been using the gadget for a while and some are also using smartphones, Huffington Post reports.
The report said that civilians might be surprised to see a tablet used in the context of a war, but Apple anticipated it as its licensing agreement to all iTunes users declares that the device should not be used for any purposes prohibited by the US law, including development of nuclear, missiles, chemical or biological weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II