Syrian rebels using Apple iPads to guide mortar fire
Washington: It has been revealed that the Syrian rebels use Apple`s iPad to guide mortar fire in the country`s brutal civil war.
It is speculated that the rebels make use of iPad apps such as iHandy Level Free to aim the mortars in the absence of sights.
A British-based weapons analyst, Eliot Higgins said that the rebels have been using the gadget for a while and some are also using smartphones, Huffington Post reports.
The report said that civilians might be surprised to see a tablet used in the context of a war, but Apple anticipated it as its licensing agreement to all iTunes users declares that the device should not be used for any purposes prohibited by the US law, including development of nuclear, missiles, chemical or biological weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP