Syrian rebels using Apple iPads to guide mortar fire
Washington: It has been revealed that the Syrian rebels use Apple`s iPad to guide mortar fire in the country`s brutal civil war.
It is speculated that the rebels make use of iPad apps such as iHandy Level Free to aim the mortars in the absence of sights.
A British-based weapons analyst, Eliot Higgins said that the rebels have been using the gadget for a while and some are also using smartphones, Huffington Post reports.
The report said that civilians might be surprised to see a tablet used in the context of a war, but Apple anticipated it as its licensing agreement to all iTunes users declares that the device should not be used for any purposes prohibited by the US law, including development of nuclear, missiles, chemical or biological weapons.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Supreme Court ban on 2000 cc diesel cars stays
- Hotness alert! Ranveer Singh's macho avatar will make you go weak in the knees
- Vodafone appoints six investment banks for $3 billion India IPO
- No takers for Kingfisher Airlines brand at online auction
- Uttarakhand forest fire: PMO assures help for relief work