Diet shakes could help obese people lose up to 22kgs
Melbourne: A new study has revealed that extreme starvation-style meal-replacement diets can help obese adults to lose up to 22kgs in 16 weeks.
Professor Clare Collins, leading Australian nutritionist, said that people obsessed with food, and those waiting for lap-band surgery, can successfully lose weight with controversial diet shakes, News.com.au reported.
Collins said that the diet must be supervised by doctors or nutritionists and one should try this at home alone.
She said side-effects could include headaches, bad breath and gall stones.
Meanwhile, Dr Leon Massage, an Australian Medical Association board member, said he did not support the use of diet shakes for patients unless they were preparing for surgery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees