Diet shakes could help obese people lose up to 22kgs
Melbourne: A new study has revealed that extreme starvation-style meal-replacement diets can help obese adults to lose up to 22kgs in 16 weeks.
Professor Clare Collins, leading Australian nutritionist, said that people obsessed with food, and those waiting for lap-band surgery, can successfully lose weight with controversial diet shakes, News.com.au reported.
Collins said that the diet must be supervised by doctors or nutritionists and one should try this at home alone.
She said side-effects could include headaches, bad breath and gall stones.
Meanwhile, Dr Leon Massage, an Australian Medical Association board member, said he did not support the use of diet shakes for patients unless they were preparing for surgery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September