Diet shakes could help obese people lose up to 22kgs
Melbourne: A new study has revealed that extreme starvation-style meal-replacement diets can help obese adults to lose up to 22kgs in 16 weeks.
Professor Clare Collins, leading Australian nutritionist, said that people obsessed with food, and those waiting for lap-band surgery, can successfully lose weight with controversial diet shakes, News.com.au reported.
Collins said that the diet must be supervised by doctors or nutritionists and one should try this at home alone.
She said side-effects could include headaches, bad breath and gall stones.
Meanwhile, Dr Leon Massage, an Australian Medical Association board member, said he did not support the use of diet shakes for patients unless they were preparing for surgery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations