Diet shakes could help obese people lose up to 22kgs
Melbourne: A new study has revealed that extreme starvation-style meal-replacement diets can help obese adults to lose up to 22kgs in 16 weeks.
Professor Clare Collins, leading Australian nutritionist, said that people obsessed with food, and those waiting for lap-band surgery, can successfully lose weight with controversial diet shakes, News.com.au reported.
Collins said that the diet must be supervised by doctors or nutritionists and one should try this at home alone.
She said side-effects could include headaches, bad breath and gall stones.
Meanwhile, Dr Leon Massage, an Australian Medical Association board member, said he did not support the use of diet shakes for patients unless they were preparing for surgery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey