Three reasons why stress is bad for you!
Zee Media Bureau/Salome Phelamei
Every human being experiences stress, which is a normal part of life. But, long-term exposure to stress can lead to serious health problems.
Stress can be termed as the body's reaction to any change that requires adjustment and response. In other words, stress is a reaction to a stimulus that disturbs our mental or physical equilibrium.
Below are three reasons why stress is bad for your health:
Sleep disorder: Stress can give you sleepless nights. Your body cannot relax and go to rest when you think of something stressful while lying on the bed. Hence, anxiety is one of the main causes of insomnia and sleep problems.
Weakens immune system: Stress affects the immune system in different ways. The immune system protects the body against infections and diseases. However, disorders of the immune system can give rise to autoimmune diseases, inflammatory diseases and cancer. It can also slows down your recovery process from illness.
Infertility: Chronic stress can contribute to infertility. Research has revealed that stress can make women infertile. Researchers found that women with high levels of a stress hormone stop ovulating, making them unable to conceive. Women with hectic jobs are considered to be at most risk as they are often in denial about the stress in their lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem