Three reasons why stress is bad for you!
Zee Media Bureau/Salome Phelamei
Every human being experiences stress, which is a normal part of life. But, long-term exposure to stress can lead to serious health problems.
Stress can be termed as the body's reaction to any change that requires adjustment and response. In other words, stress is a reaction to a stimulus that disturbs our mental or physical equilibrium.
Below are three reasons why stress is bad for your health:
Sleep disorder: Stress can give you sleepless nights. Your body cannot relax and go to rest when you think of something stressful while lying on the bed. Hence, anxiety is one of the main causes of insomnia and sleep problems.
Weakens immune system: Stress affects the immune system in different ways. The immune system protects the body against infections and diseases. However, disorders of the immune system can give rise to autoimmune diseases, inflammatory diseases and cancer. It can also slows down your recovery process from illness.
Infertility: Chronic stress can contribute to infertility. Research has revealed that stress can make women infertile. Researchers found that women with high levels of a stress hormone stop ovulating, making them unable to conceive. Women with hectic jobs are considered to be at most risk as they are often in denial about the stress in their lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials