Eat kiwifruit to ward off fatigue, depression
Wellington: Researchers found people who ate two kiwifruit daily had significantly less fatigue and depression than those who consumed half a kiwifruit daily.
The finding came out of a University of Otago, Christchurch study which involved 54 young male university students who generally eat little fresh fruit and vegetables.
They also felt they had more energy.
These changes appeared to be related to the optimising of vitamin C intake with the two- kiwifruit dose. Kiwifruit are an exceptional source of vitamin C.
Vitamin C helped activate enzymes in the body that enhanced the levels of metabolic energy and different neurochemicals in the brain, Professor Margreet Vissers, of the university`s Centre for Free Radical Research said.
The findings were published in the Journal of Nutritional Science.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- French Open 2016, Day 6: Rafael Nadal pulls out, Andy Murray and Kei Nishikori enter last 16
- China to expand counter-terror cooperation with India: Official
- PAC takes up CAG report on AgustaWestland issue
- Turkey party seeks constitutional change to boost Erdogan
- Leander Paes, Rohan Bopanna in men's doubles third round at Roland Garros