Three simple ways to prevent heart disease!
Zee Media Bureau/Salome Phelamei
Heart disease, also called cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of deaths around the world. But you can protect your heart by adopting a healthy lifestyle, although there are some factors attached which you can't be changed such as family history, age or gender.
Here are three simple ways to lower your risk of developing heart disease:
Healthy diet: Eat low and unsaturated fat, high-fiber diet including whole grains. Include good amount of protein from fish, poultry, beans and nuts to your diet.
Eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables for a healthy heart. Eating plenty of fruits and vegetables also prevents cancer as well as improve diabetes.
Try to avoid trans fat in your diet.
Physical activity: Try to exercise for at least 30 minutes per day as doing so will lower your risk of developing heart disease. If you do not have time to hit the gym, you can always choose the healthy options available like taking the stairs whenever possible, going out for a walk etc.
Daily physical activities are beneficial for managing weight issues as well as lower your chances of developing high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes.
Tobacco: Tobacco is considered to be the single largest cause of preventable death globally. Hence, smoking or using tobacco in any form is one of the most significant risk factors for developing a heart disease.
So, if you do not smoke, do not begin and if you do, try to quit it now to reduce your risk of heart disease. Because smoking for any amount of time is not safe for your heart.
Smoke from the cigarrete not only affects smokers, but also the people around them. Secondhand smoke or environmental tobacco smoke can give rise to heart disease, cancer and chronic respiratory conditions. So its better to avoid it.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!